Thursday, March 15, 2012

Packet Tracer Lab 3.5.4.2

In this Packet Tracer Activity we explore subnetting for the third time in Chapter 3. Although we are also entitled to design an IP addressing scheme in this activity. I took a similar approach to this one, as I did the previous two. I once again utilized the subnetting split strategy in which I split subnet boxes to the point were it will result in sixty four subnets with four addresses each. This of course was done in proportion to the scenarios number of IP addresses as well as the IP addresses themselves. I found that once this strategy is done in accordance to the given IP addressing scheme the end result is precise although the procedure is rigorous and time consuming. In this case once I had examined the network requirements the strategy proved to be insufficient, although the network would still be functional if the strategy was implemented.

No comments:

Post a Comment